Parachutes and Headbands
My son checked out a book last week at his school library called Make It Work: Flight.
It has instructions for designing airplanes, rockets, spaceships, etc. He opted to assemble a parachute using a wine cork, putty, a nail, tissue paper and thread.
It's maiden voyage was pretty exciting!
Then it was forgotten on the floor and became trampled by pirates and Buzz Lightyear. (No worries, a few minor patches and it was ready for another flight.)
Zebra designed some headbands with a kit called Fashion headbands.
Yes, that is a smoothie mustache.
She spent hours with ribbons, flowers and glue and completed three out of the ten headbands so we have plenty of fun still left in the box. I did pull out my glue gun for a few reinforcements.
Among other projects, I planted a schefflera I had rooting in a vase of water for a while.
It's in a pot now that will remain by the sink so I can keep the soil especially moist to promote root growth. Wish me luck. Last time I tried to root schefflera I followed instructions and used peat moss, vermiculite and a heating pad.
They all died.
My love helped me assemble a new fish tank for my office desk. My old one was in fact a terrarium and I'm lucky it didn't leak water all over the place! This one is a bit bigger too and since my cute little axolotl died, I'm going to fill it with guppies and goldfish....my favorites!
On another note....I'm researching chairs and tables for my dining room. I think I may have come up with a decision on the chairs and a craftsman to build my table. I'll keep you posted!